ECO FRIENDLY WATER BASED CONTACT ADHESIVE
- General purpose high performance bonding
- Boat & ship interiors (headlinings, wall coverings)
- General building, shop fitting, laminating & furniture manufacture
- Suitable for a wide variety of substrates, including fabrics, foams, woods, polystyrene, composites, rubbers, paper & cardboard
- Additional information
- Safety Information
- PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
- HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
- Reviews (0)
Alpha Thixofix Eco is an easy to use, water-based high performance contact adhesive based on polychloroprene latex that has been developed especially to make high strength, permanent bonds on a wide variety of materials. It also features a novel built-in indicator for the correct time to bond materials together.
Long open joint time – can be bonded up to 4 hrs after application . Non stringing . Double coverage of most contact adhesives . Clean & easy to use
Alpha Thixofix Eco should be stored in its original container, with the lid tightly secured, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 25°C. Alpha Thixofix Eco will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions
Alpha Thixofix Eco is classified as non-hazardous according to Directive EC 1272/2008. Please refer to the Alpha Thixofix Eco Safety Data Sheet for further health & safety information.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only, therefore the information should not be used for specification purpose.
Property Data Colour White (liquid) / Clear (dried)
Open Joint Time 15 minutes to 4 hours*
Temperature Resistance Up to 110°C
Application Temperature +15°C to +35°C
Coverage Up to 8 square metres of bonded area per litre*
* dependent on materials used, temperature & relative humidity
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
Process Step Guidelines:
Surface Preparation: All substrates must be clean of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha T559 TF or a suitable cleaner. The materials to be bonded should be dry.
Adhesive Application TWO-WAY STICK
- Stir adhesive before use. 2. For absorbent surfaces (e.g. wood, fabric etc.) a primer coat of adhesive is recommended prior to application. Allow primer coat to dry for 15 minutes. 3. Using a brush and spreader, apply an even coating of adhesive to both of the surfaces. 4. Allow the adhesive to dry to a clear appearance before bonding the materials (touch dry). The time for this drying will depend on the temperature and humidity. 5. Bond the materials under firm, even pressure across the total bonded area.
Curing Bonded assemblies should not be moved during curing of the adhesive. The immediate high contact bond strength increases appreciably within the next 48 hours and will develop still further in service. For the best heat resistance, leave at room temperature for 7 days, before subjecting to high in-service temperatures up to 110°C. Cleaning For wet adhesive: warm soapy water should be used. For dried adhesive: Cleaner T559 TF should be used to remove residues from surfaces.