SEMI-ELASTIC, MULTI-PURPOSE, HYBRID ADHESIVE & SEALANT
• THE ULTIMATE MULTI-PURPOSE SINGLE COMPONENT HYBRID ADHESIVE & SEALANT
• CAN BE GUNNED OUT UNDERWATER
• THE FIRST CHOICE FOR PROFESSIONALS AND DIY ENTHUSIASTS
• WEATHERPROOF AND UV RESISTANT
• CAN BE OVER PAINTED (in accordance with DIN Regulation 52452 Part 4)
• FREE OF SILICONES, SOLVENTS & ISOCYANATES
• Suitable for bonding glass and mirrors (in accordance with DIN Regulation 1238).
•Good resistance to tear and to weather. Elastic compound which accepts movement. Excellent resistance to chemicals & seawater
- Boat / ship building (decks, floors, panels etc.)
- Automotive industry (car body assembly, buses, containers etc.)
- Window and door frame perimeter joints.
- Vehicle conversion, caravans.
- Floor and concrete joints.
- Bonding applications in metal constructions and for mounting vibrating parts.
- Good adhesion to many substrates (including PVC, EPDM, glass, wood, stone)
No job is too big or too small for this extremely versatile Multi-use Hybrid Adhesive & Sealant. A must have product for industry professionals or the weekend enthusiast alike. If there is a bond or seal to be made even in underwater salty conditions this is the product the industry reaches for.
Alpha 007 Hybrid Adhesive should be stored in its original container, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 20°C. Alpha 007 Hybrid Adhesive will keep satisfactorily for up to 12 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited’s own testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
Process Step Guidelines Surface Preparation All substrate surfaces should be cleaned of any dust, grit, loose material, wax, grease and oil using Alpha Cleaner T559 TF. Adhesive Application Application Method: 1. Joint edges should be protected using masking tape. 2. Cut the tip of the nozzle at a 45° angle to give a slightly larger hole than the gap that has to be filled. 3. Alpha 007 Hybrid Adhesive can be applied by a pneumatic or hand gun under a uniform pressure to extrude a continuous smooth bead. 4. After application, the adhesive can be finished by using a wet spatula. The tape should be removed as soon as possible before formation of a skin.
Curing The rate of cure in the joint is dependent on the ambient conditions, the assembled joint arrangement and the depth of the adhesive between the joint faces. Cleaning Clean tools immediately after use with Alpha Cleaner T559 TF. Clean hands with a proprietary hand cleaner.
Base Hybrid polymer Consistency – Thixotropic Paste. Specific Gravity (20°C) 1.50 .Skin Formation Time (20°C and 50% RH) approximately 20 to 40 minutes*. Cure Rate (20°C and 50% RH) 3 mm / 24 hours*. Temperature Resistance -40 C to +90 C . Application Temperature +5 C to +40 C. Compatibility with Paint (after curing) Water based paints: Yes Solvent based paints: Testing required Coverage (per 300ml cartridge) 15 metres (5mm bead) 3 metres (10mm bead)
*This time is shorter when temperature and relative humidity are higher. It is absolutely necessary to make sure that open time is not excessive – Otherwise, defective bonding could happen.