ACETOXY-CURE RTV SILICONE SEALANT
ALPHA 124 75ML SILICONE SEALANT
– can be used for both interior and exterior application
– excellent adhesion and sealing performance on glass, ceramics and sanitary ware.
– It cures rapidly on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form a robust, flexible rubber seal.
– excellent weathering resistance properties that make it ideal for conditions where wide ranges of temperature, humidity or UV exposure might be present
– Single component , easy to use, elastic silicone sealant
– Fast cure Thixotropic paste consistency for optimised tooling properties
– Good ageing properties and weather resistant, with good UV resistance
– Elastic compound which accepts movement
– Contains a fungicide to prevent mould growth
– Solvent free
– Handy size for smaller jobs, meaning less waste than with a standard 300ml cartridge
- Additional information
- TYPICAL APPLICATIONS
- PRODUCT CHARACTERISTICS
- HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
- Reviews (0)
Alpha 124 Silicone Sealant is a ready to use, single component silicone sealant that can be used for both interior and exterior applications, with
excellent adhesion and sealing performance on glass, ceramics and sanitary ware. It cures rapidly on exposure to atmospheric moisture to form a
robust, flexible rubber seal. Alpha 124 Silicone Sealant has excellent weathering resistance properties that make it ideal for conditions where
wide ranges of temperature, humidity or UV exposure might be present.
It is not suitable for use in ecological systems (e.g. aquariums) or where potable water may come in to contact with the sealant due to the
presence of fungicides within the product. It must also not be used on marble/natural stone, as a mirror adhesive and in areas with direct food
contact. It is not suited for plastics with general poor adhesion to silicones (e.g. PE, PP, PET).
Curing The rate of cure in the joint is dependent on the ambient conditions, the assembled joint arrangement and the depth of the sealant between the joint faces. Cleaning Excess sealant should be removed prior to skinning or drying using Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF). Clean tools immediately after use with Alpha Cleaner T559 (TF) before the sealant has fully cured.
STORAGE Alpha 124 should be stored in its original container, in dry conditions and at temperatures between 5°C and 20°C. Alpha 124 will keep satisfactorily for up to 18 months from date of manufacture if stored according to the recommended conditions
Sanitary ware and ceramic tiling in kitchens and bathrooms.
Infill, cladding panels and curtain walling.
All forms of glazing systems.
Caravans, boats, containers, refrigerated buildings and freezers.
Air conditioning and duct work.
In-situ gaskets for automotive and aircraft industries.
Draft proofing casement windows and doors.
It is not suitable for use in ecological systems, such as aquariums, or where potable water may come in to contact with the sealant due to the presence of fungicides within the product.
Please note this product is not recommended for substrates like PE, PP, Teflon.
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only. Therefore, the information should not be used for specification purpose.
Skin Formation Time (23°C; 50% RH) approximately 30 minutes*
Cure Rate (23°C; 50% RH) approximately 2.2 mm / 24 hours*
Full Cure (23°C; 50% RH) 7-14 days depending on joint dimensions
Temperature Resistance -40 C to +150 C
Application Temperature +5 C to +30 C
Coverage (per 70ml cartridge) 18-22 metres (2mm bead) 3.0-3.5 metres (5mm bead)
*This time is shorter when temperature and relative humidity are higher. It is absolutely necessary to make sure that open time is not excessive. Otherwise, defective bonding could happen.
HANDLING & APPLICATIONS
The general application information presented here is based upon typical conditions determined by Alpha Adhesives & Sealants Limited’s own testing. Our recommendations on the use of this product are based on methods believed to be reliable. It is advised that users conduct their own tests to determine the suitability of the product for their specific application.
Process Step Guidelines Surface Preparation All substrate surfaces should be cleaned of contamination using Alpha Cleaner T559(TF). For porous substrates (e.g. concrete, plasterboard, untreated wood) must be primed. Ensure surfaces are cleaned before priming. As there is a wide range of paints, lacquers and coatings on the market, compatibility with Alpha 124 must be initially tested before full application.
Sealant Application :
- To achieve a precise joint, all edges should be masked before application of primer and/or sealant.
- Cut the tip of the nozzle at a 45° angle to give a slightly larger hole than the gap that has to be filled.
- Alpha 124 can be applied under a uniform pressure to the plunger and extrude a continuous smooth bead.
- After application, the sealant can be smoothed and finished by using a suitable tool with water or smoothing agent within 20 minutes of application. This ensures close contact and good adhesion to the substrate.
- The masking tape should be removed as soon as possible before the sealant forms a skin or dries too much